Dr. Scott’s “Super-Ager” SECRETS
The way I figure it, you have two choices as you age:
You can either be the type of senior who goes out dancing… cooks their own meals… drives… and volunteers.
Or you can be the “old person” who can barely walk to the mailbox… eats whatever is convenient… and almost never leaves out of the house.
I present this like it’s a choice… BECAUSE IT IS!
You can be what scientist call a “super-ager” – someone over the age of 90 who’s healthy and active – or you can be a lump of clay.
The choice is yours.
But I’ll show you EXACTLY how to get on the super-ager track today!
Super-agers are defined as people who made it to old age with almost no disease AND who are living much like they did in their 50s and 60s.
And while you think these people may have won the genetic lottery, that’s simply NOT TRUE.
Experts have found your genes only account for about 20 to 30 percent of our longevity.
That means what you and I do every day has much more to do with our health as we age than how long our parents lived.
Here is what the super-agers have in common:
- Diet: Most super agers have made plants the main part of their diet. If you read this newsletter at all, you know I think fats and protein are important to a diet. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t also think vegetables are important as well. Try to fill your plate with as many vegetables as you can and balance those with a good protein source.
- Exercise: Super agers take every opportunity for natural movement. They tend to be walkers or gardeners (or even herders). They aren’t crazy athletes running millions of miles a week, they simply use their body as often as they can to accomplish daily.
- Sense of Purpose: Super agers are people who have a goal and something they want to accomplish. They tend to love reading and learning.
- Community: Many people who are super agers belong to some sort of community. Most of them tend to be in faith-based communities, but any group of people who can support and help guide them seems to help increase their longevity.
- Nap: Super agers find a way to take a nap every day. If they can’t nap, they find some other way to downshift or be calm and quiet during the day.
- Eating: Super agers tend to not eat too much, and they tend to stop eating early in the day. A ton of research supports the idea of compressing you’re eating time into a small amount as possible – this means only eating for around 8 hours every day.
Being a super-ager is not that hard. Focus on the good things in life: good food, friend, community (and of course, naps).
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
If you’re like most American seniors, you’re probably taking more pills than you can count. Your mainstream doc insists that you need one drug for your heart… one for your blood sugar… and even one to keep your mind sharp. But I say that’s NONESENSE! Because there’s ONE pill that can solve ALL of these...
We all want to stay spry as we age. That way you can still play golf… spend hours tending your garden… and beat your grandson at cards. But what if I told you that staying sharp and active in your golden years came down to just one thing? Well, it does. It’s a special type...
When I told Jim his blood pressure was dangerously high, he was quick with his reply: “I don’t believe that high blood pressure mumbo jumbo… I feel FINE.” After all, Jim came to see me because he thought I didn’t believe in that mumbo jumbo either. There’s a part of me that doesn’t. Drug companies make BILLIONS off of BP meds. That’s...
When I was in medical school, we had a hard rule when it came to taking tests: if you didn’t know the answer… always choose the liver. That’s because your liver is the center of your body’s functions. It cleans your blood, stores energy, helps digest foods, and produces many of the chemicals necessary for you to stay health. The only problem? Most...
It’s all too common this time of year. You go to a holiday party or a neighborhood get-together and shorty after you don’t just feel terrible… you’re in a really bad mood, too. You see, the foods you eat can REALLY impact your mood. But if you know what to avoid (and what to eat more...
We all get sad sometimes. But if you have depression, that sadness can change your life. It keeps you from your family… stops you from enjoying your hobbies… and even makes it hard for you to leave the house. And the mainstream is NO HELP. They just offer risky pills that can make things worse. But...
The flu is no joke. Every year up to 50,000 people lose their live to this devastating infection… many of them seniors. Even worse? This year’s strain seems particularly bad. And when this nasty virus takes hold… you’ll know it. That’s why it’s important to know EXACTLY how the flu attacks your body… and what you can do about it. Today,...
We’ve all had stomach trouble before. You know what I’m talking about. Those days you can’t stay off the throne… or worse, you can’t seem to “go”. These are the obvious signs that you have tummy troubles. But what if I told you that your achy joints… your mood swings… and even those extra pounds you’re carry are all signs that...
During the holiday season, we all know how too much a good thing can go bad. Too much of Uncle Doug’s eggnog… too much of Cousin Bertie’s pumpkin pie… and even too much of Uncle Doug and Cousin Bertie can jeopardize your health. Well, it looks like the mainstream has taken the “holiday” approach to a...
When you think of Alzheimer’s prevention, the usual suspects come to mind. Things like exercise… avoiding sugar… and eating more fish are no-brainers. But there’s one more thing you should add to your brain-protection regiment. Because research shows that a certain forbidden drink can actually “wash away” the ROOT CAUSE of Alzheimer’s. And it’s something the mainstream...